Tuesday 9 September 2014

LIPTEMBER CHALLENGE // DAY 9

Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick in 23 Grenade In










Hey friends, seeing as I'm still kinda gross and germy and 'clogged-upper-respiratory-esque', I thought I'd post another quick review today, of a lippie that's made a few appearances on ze blog already... Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick in 23 Grenade In (or Grenadine). This has been a favourite of mine throughout the cooler months, as the hydrating formula is kind to dry, chapped lips, and the berry shade is quite nice for Autumn/Winter. While I enjoyed patting it onto lips for a soft wash of colour - see here for reference - the swatch below is an accurate depiction of what it looks like when applied from the tube.



Texture: It has a light, creamy formula that's moisturising and 'balmy'. It glides over flaky bits with ease, and doesn't get caught on them or highlight them. It reminds me of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, except it's less glossy.

Opacity: I'd say that it's close to full opacity, though it can be dabbed on or worn over lip balm for a sheerer finish. To me, it's quite similar to a highly pigmented tinted lip balm.

Hydration: It's rather moisturising, though there's not a lot of 'slip' like a lip gloss - which isn't a bad thing, as it means it stays put relatively well. This is another of my top picks for work days, as it doesn't leave my lips feeling parched.

Longevity: It's staying power is impressive for something so moisturising. It lasts 5 or 6 hours with 'careful' eating/drinking. It also fades evenly, and leaves a pretty stain.

Price: $19 for 3g (I bought mine cheaper from Asos, but at the moment they're 25% off at Priceline!)

Other notes: It has a faint, barely perceptible scent to it, that's not offensive in any way.


Have you tried this lipstick?
What are your picks for work days? x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment