Monday 22 September 2014

LIPTEMBER CHALLENGE // DAY 20






Today's face is a low-maintenance, soft matte 'stained' lip for work, feat. Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Red 2000. I guess you could say that I've been feelin' the red lip these past few days - it's a nice alternative to my usual pared back lip choices. I don't usually wear matte lipstick to work, as they can be quite drying and annoying to touch up, especially as I'm constantly talking to customers. I made an exception today as I've got a short shift, and a stain is easier to work with, in that I know it won't transfer to my teeth or smudge. It's actually intensely pigmented when applied straight from the tube, as you can see in the swatch above, though patted on with a finger it appears quite soft, which I like - just polished enough, but not too over the top. Work appropriate. It also looks lovely with the Yes To Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum layered on top, which I ended up experimenting with towards the end of my shift, when my lips were feeling a little parched. The sheer burgundy shade adds another dimension to the soft cherry red, which is rather pretty - I don't have a photo, so you'll have to take my word for it!


What I used:
Mecca Cosmetica In A Good Light
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl in 012 Bronze
EcoTools Angled Crease Brush
Essence Eyeshadow Single in 35 Party All Night
Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Red 2000

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say that the red looks glorious on the back of your hand but strangely tamed on your lips...until I read that you patted the colour on instead. =) I should start doing that more to those intense lipsticks that I'm too scared to wear in public!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes! I am a little shy when it comes to bright lips, admittedly...
      Yay, do it! Gradually work your way up to louder lips :) Sometimes I find that I actually like a lippie more when it's muted, rather than full-out, applied from the tube. Let me know how it goes! x

      Delete