Friday 23 May 2014

WHAT'S IN MY HANDBAG? //

For all you nosy rascals, I'm happy to oblige.

It's a well known fact that women carry the contents of their entire lives in their handbags. Stumbling across this interesting article, I thought I'd clear out my own handbag and take a look. I'd say that the contents of my handbag are pretty standard, though!

The handbag in question: Elms + King Lexington bag, which is roomier than I'm used to, and allows me to carry more junk than I need. On the plus side, it fits a one litre drink bottle upright rather comfortably, which constantly amazes me.

The contents of my handbag...revealed!

The goods (clockwise-ish from top left):
Fossil Tate Clutch Wallet
Ray-Ban Catty Clubmaster Sunglasses - for the last vestiges of sun on those rare 24 degree days that we've been experiencing lately.
GAP leather pouch - for random bits and pieces, such as a mirror and pocket tissues.
Muesli bar - a snack for when I'm on-the-go.
Black pens - always black for me.
iPhone - yup, a 3GS and still going strong. Impressive, right? Well done, Apple, well done.
Spotty pouch - girly stuff. We'll leave it at that.
Natio hand cream
Planner - such a good size, making it practical and portable.
Dettol hand sanitiser
Keys
Lip prodz: Maybelline Baby Lips in Anti-Oxidant Berry, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose, Burt's Bees Lip Gloss in Spring Splendor and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Balm with sunscreen - one balm, one tinted, one lipgloss...and another balm. (Um, backup?)
Handbag hook - which I've carried around for ages, but have yet put into use (largely due to the fact that I forget I've got it with me...)

I hope you've enjoyed having a snoop. I suppose the four lip products may be viewed as excessive, but for me it's considered 'not-too-outrageous' and completely justified. A girl needs options, right? (Sneaky confession: usually I'd have a bright lippie or two thrown in there as well.)

What strange things do you carry around in your handbag? Hopefully nothing so odd as the ones mentioned in the article above...

2 comments:

  1. Ahah you sure do carry around a lot lip balms in your handbag! I always have a muesli bar of some sort in my bag as back up food in case I'm stuck somewhere where I can't go out to get food!

    I don't actually carry anything out of the ordinary. But I've always got a portable iPhone charger with me...that doesn't really count, does it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for stopping by! Admittedly, I am obsessed with lip products, it's a bit of a worry... Luckily this post occurred after a much-needed handbag clean-out (I can accumulate a ridiculous amount of lippies)! Yes, muesli bars are my fave for on the go, as they're satisfying and not messy.
    Ooh. No, I'd classify that as ordinary, haha. Actually, now that you mention it, I need one of those! x

    ReplyDelete