Friday 16 May 2014

#FOTD 2


I think I'm having an 'eyeshadow moment' - or at least, I'm willing to keep trying until I get it right (bear with me, please...) Today's look - Le Subtle Daytime Smokey Eye Take Two, courtesy of a private lesson from industry heavyweight, Ms Zoƫ Foster-Blake herself (and an excuse to test out the eyeshadow palette!)


Clockwise-ish from top left:
MAC Face and Body Foundation in C3 - My fave and only foundation at the moment.
MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer in NC30 - My only concealer at the moment.
Ecotools Deluxe Concealer Brush - Does a pretty good job of applying liquid concealer.
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Black - An old fave that I recently dug out; very soft and perfect for 'smudgy' looks.
Revlon CustomEyes Shadow & Liner Palette in Naturally Glamorous - The warm shades were what attracted me in this first place, and so far I'm not disappointed.
Nivea Daily Face Veil Sunscreen SPF 30 - Sits nicely under makeup. SPF is a must!
Burt's Bees Lip Gloss in 239 Spring Splendor - A lip gloss that contains no nasties. However, it's disappointing that the writing on the packaging has rubbed off, as I've only had it since Christmas. It's a natural pinky-mauve colour and has slight scent reminiscent of Lip Smackers...
Chi Chi Mosaic Blush in Pink Peach - I'll refrain from gushing on about this one today. You're welcome.
Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush - I was about iffy-diffy about this one at first, but it's growing on me.
Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler - Pretty standard stuff. It's not 'life-changing', but does the job.
Ecotools Eye Brushes (from 6-piece set): all over lid, blender, petite shading brush, smudger - these are a great little set; portable, versatile and soft. The smudger is my favourite.
Maybelline The Colossal Volum'Express Mascara - I avoid wearing mascara where possible because it irritates my eyes. I didn't love this one - I'd say it's average. It doesn't make a huge difference for me, though on the plus side, it doesn't clump too often.
Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream - I've been enjoying using this as a treatment or base before applying lip colour, as it helps the product glide on smoothly over dry patches, and keeps lips hydrated for longer.

Which is your go-to palette for a daytime smokey eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment