Saturday 17 May 2014

CURIOSITY PIQUED //

I'm usually pretty good as resisting hype about products, but lately I feel my resolve weakening. I once heard a lady tell her son that he shouldn't look at things while out shopping, because once you see you start to want. She was right. (Why are mothers always right?)

Here are a few products that have sparked my interest:


Go-To Skincare Lips! - Firstly, I am a huge lip balm fanatic, so when beauty guru ZoĆ« Foster-Blake released her own range of skincare, I was instantly intrigued. It must be good. I've toyed with purchasing Lips! on a few occasions now, despite my determination to not buy any more until I've finished 5+ that I'm currently using. I have to admit that, while it was Lips! that originally drew me, the Properly Clean cleanser and Very Useful Face Cream also look interesting. Uh-oh, this isn't going to end well (for my debit card)...


Ecoya Sweet Apricot and Orange Blossom Candle - This one snuck up on me while I was very innocently shopping for curtains in a homewares store. I came across a stand of Ecoya candles and found that they had just released two limited edition candles in the Madison Jar - Sweet Apricot and Orange Blossom, and Violet, Fig and Cassis. After taking a whiff of each, I decided that Violet, Fig and Cassis was a little too heady for me, but the Sweet Apricot and Orange Blossom was lovely and fresh. I didn't buy it, but I think a seed has unfortunately been planted!


Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Ylang Ylang and Calendula - I've been interested in natural deodorant for a while now, due to my easily-irritated and eczema-prone skin, which seems to worsen with the colder weather. Schmidt's offering seems like a good one, along with this one by Black Chicken and this one by Soapwalla, though I'm not thrilled that shipping to Australia costs more than the product itself.


Tender Love + Carry - These New Zealander toiletries bags have just landed in David Jones, and the prints are adorable! I'm particularly smitten with this pouch from the Patchwork line. They are surprisingly affordable, too, compared to brands such as Uchi and Cath Kidston. I can't really justify buying one at the moment, but they're just so damn cute.


Tangle Teezer - Hold up. If Emma Watson raved about it, it must be somethin'. I haven't used a hairbrush for the last few years, simply because my hair often looks worse afterwards. I previously brushed this one off (see what I did there?) as another fad, but lately I've been reconsidering it. I particularly like the idea of this compact styler - a portable version that comes with a cover, so it doesn't get stuck on bits and pieces in your handbag.


Clarisonic Mia - I previously thought I didn't need to wash my face with a fancy contraption that had a spinning head to ensure a proper clean - especially not one as expensive as the Clarisonic. Lately I've been rethinking this, and doubting the humble washcloth's ability to remove the sunscreen/makeup/sweat/grime/whatever else that accumulates on my face as the day transpires. Plus, I've been told that it's like having a face massage - actually, that's kind of what sucked me in in the first place...

Are you hype-resistant?
Have you tried any of these? Do they live up to the hype?

*Images from Google

2 comments:

  1. I'm really curious to try Go-To skin care as well, especially the oil and the face cream. I wish it was stocked in physical stores because I want to test them in person before purchasing, though I'm sure they're lovely. I smelled that Ecoya candle - it's so nice! I think I have a bit of a candle problem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I've followed your blog a long time (and can credit (blame) you for many purchases hehe).
      Yes, I feel the same about Go-To! And that way you wouldn't have to pay shipping either.
      Half the time I think I like looking at candles more than I enjoy using them - is that normal? Btw, I spotted the Archipelago Botanicals Caramel Scented Candle at my local David Jones shortly after purchasing this Ecoya one! I think I'm rapidly developing a candle problem... :P

      Delete