Tuesday 4 March 2014

LAZY LUNCH FOR LAZY DAYS //

Lately I've been loving simple snacks that are satisfying, without requiring significant preparation or cooking time. This burger/toast/roll has been on high rotation these past few days, especially as the cooler weather has me hankering for a heartier meal. (Sandwiches just don't cut it). I usually don't like ham or cold meats, but it's actually quite nice when panfried. It tastes just like a Bacon & Egg McMuffin, with the added bonus of nutritional value :P

I've tried this combination with different types of bread and my favourite would have to be Helga's wholemeal, though the 'filling' makes practically anything taste good! It only takes about 5 minutes. Max.

Ingredients used:
1 egg
1 slice of ham
1 slice of cheese
1 bread roll/slice of bread
Pepper to season

I heated the bread roll in the mini oven, fried an egg, seasoned it with pepper, heated the ham on the still-hot pan, melted the cheese and shoved it all into the bread roll. And then proceeded to devour it in a most unladylike manner. I wanted to add some tomato or lettuce as well, but we didn't have any. This would also make a lovely lunch paired with a garden salad and fruit smoothie. Maybe next time (tomorrow)...




No comments:

Post a Comment