Tuesday 18 February 2014

'MY FAVO(U)RITE THINGS' //

...is a great song. Though, come to think of it, practically anything featuring Julie Andrews could be considered 'great'. That lady is freakin' incredible. But I digress.

Given my established aversion to Awkward Introductions, rather than do a get-to-know-me 20 Questions, or a spiel in which I assault your ears with my fascinating life story, I thought I'd do a little summary instead. A (literal) snapshot, if you will.

"These are a few of my favourite things..."
Clockwise from top left:
Wittner Henry heels - received as a birthday gift from my dear grandfather, as my parents refused to fork out "that much" for a pair of shoes (deemed "not a necessity"). In a neutral hue, with an almond-shaped toe, hidden platform and comfortable heel and strap, I can justify wearing these with practically every dress I own. Added bonus: I can run in these, too. Why would anyone parade around in their birthday suit, when they can parade around in these birthday shoes?! (However, one could, I suppose, parade around in both...)
Pandora rings (daisy, heart, rope and twist band) - They aren't very clear in the photo - apologies. Two are from my parents and the other two I received from family and friends for my birthday. To me they do symbolise "precious moments", I guess. (Darn it, buying into marketing again!) Plus, the ribbon is a pretty dusty rose shade.
Natio Moisturising Lip Balm with SPF 30 and Vitamin E  - Probably my most 'favouritest' lip balm ever. I received one in a GWP and was at first unimpressed - surprised at the oddly firm texture. Ironically, as I endeavoured to finish it, I found that it softened with increased usage, and did quite a good job of keeping lips moisturised. The SPF in it is a bonus, and I found that it had a MLBB effect, though the product itself is clear. I still don't know how that works, but I love it, regardless. I also like that the tube is clear, so it's easy to gauge when it needs replacing. I'm currently almost through my second tube.
Pride and Prejudice (book and film set) - The book itself is quite a challenging read, though I have a soft spot for the classics, particularly this one. And I've never actually watched 'The Other Boleyn Girl' - I just bought the set for the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. There isn't one specific film that I consider my favourite, but this one is really, really good. The cast is superb, and the film score even more so. I could watch this film on loop and not get bored!
Mango and White Tea Candle - This handmade soy candle is a little souvenir from our schoolies trip, bought from a market-esque collection of stalls in Huskisson, on the south coast. Not only does it smell delightful, but it also brings back memories of lounging lazily on the beach and falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing on the shore.
Honey and Crunchy Peanut Butter - Undoubtedly my favourite combination to have on toast. Try it, it's amazing! And yes, it has to be crunchy peanut butter - smooth just doesn't cut it.
Bloch European Balance Pointe Shoes - Representative of my love of ballet, and dance in general. I'm not one who has been dancing since they could walk, but discovered it relatively 'late'. Pointe is a both challenging and enjoyable - and without a doubt, painful. Yet, there is something rewarding in noticing your feet growing stronger or your turnout improving, that makes it all seem worthwhile. There is also something liberating in a step that seems so simple, such as a grand jeté, that convinces me I couldn't trade the experience for the world.
Colorado V-neck T-shirt - Man, I wish I bought more of these when they were still around! One in every colour may have just been sufficient. It's ridiculously comfy, of a flattering cut, and in a delectable peachy shade. Sneaky confession: Sometimes I'll wear this out, and then to bed, and then out again the next day...until I decide I can part with it while it goes through the wash, or realise how ridiculous the practice is getting (whichever comes first). Kind of gross, I know, but it is my favourite shirt!
Silver-coated Eucalyptus Leaf Pendant - I bought this at the Rocks Markets years ago, instantly drawn to its unique composition. A truly beautiful piece of jewellery, especially when paired with a black or dark top.
Tea Cup and Saucer set - My first tea set, a cheap one from Victoria's Basement, a couple of years ago. I only drink tea in this set - and it looks that much more appealing when accompanied by this delicious tea by T2.

...I guess the '20 Questions' would have been more concise :|

No comments:

Post a Comment